Starting a business from scratch is not an easy task: it requires dedication, drive and a solid commitment. A new business needs a team that is focused on creating success. Starting that business with a partner, especially a life partner or spouse, can be a huge benefit to those looking to strike out on their own. Married couple Ali and Jamie Salimi, both attorneys, decided to start their own law firm and have been incredibly successful.
The Salimis took on the task of starting a law firm while also raising a family. Both were practicing law in Southern California, working long hours and feeling burned out. They then made the decision to move to Ali’s hometown of Marietta, Georgia to raise their young family and attempt to start a law firm from scratch. They hoped to make an impact on the legal world and surrounding communities with their services and a shared vision of what it means to strengthen ties and care for each other.
They started out with not much more than the idea that the Atlanta area had room for another personal injury law firm, one that could stand out from the rest, that could be rooted in community values, and that clients felt truly loved. I was taking care . After moving to the Atlanta suburb of Marietta, they quickly began to make their presence known in the world of personal injury. They financed their new business with their own savings and Jamie’s legal work advising corporate clients. They were ready to make an impact.
Through much sweat, long days and nights, and many breakthroughs, The Auto Accident Lawyers Group is in its fifth year as a small personal injury law firm serving communities in California, Georgia, and Tennessee. The Salimis and their team of dedicated professionals aim to take care of each and every one of their clients, so that their clients are not only taken care of, but feel taken care of. Ali and Jamie are proud of the law firm they have built, the growth they are experiencing, the incredible professionals on their team, and most importantly, the clients who have recovered after devastating accidents and who, through their own personal commitment to recovery have inspired Ali and Jamie to continue the fight for victims whose voices must be heard. Those clients reinforce Salmis’ belief that dedication, drive and commitment can lead to a tremendous amount of success and personal satisfaction.
Ali and Jamie now want to share this recipe for success with others who may be debating whether to try it.
Ali and Jamie Salimi share 5 tips on how to be successful when starting a law firm with your spouse
1. Niche. Find a specialty in which you want to practice and specify. Your goal should be to become a leader in that field, one of the first to come to mind when someone thinks of that particular niche. Define what the company does and what unique services will be provided to make it stand out from the rest.
2. Plan. Learning to write a solid business plan and implementing that plan are key parts of building a business. This may mean putting resources into education and guidance to develop a solid and viable business plan.
3. Mindset. The mindset is absolutely necessary to build and maintain a business with your spouse. Mindset is an attitude, a permanent focus. Obstacles will always arise, but the mindset determines how one deals with those problems to achieve a positive outcome. If you can make the investment, and you must, hire a mindset coach to help you establish a successful mindset and get in sync with your partner.
4. Marketing. Marketing should be part of any business plan, even if you don’t know anything about it or it scares you. A person can be absolutely the best lawyer in the world, but if nobody knows who they are, they will never achieve success. To run a successful business, one must have customers, and marketing secures leads and drives sales.
5. Personal health and self-care. Don’t forget about yourself or your relationship, and make self-care a priority. The business cannot take over all the time, or else the relationship will suffer. There must be a balance and time to focus on each other and on yourselves as individuals.
While you may have heard at least one person say you shouldn’t start a business with your spouse, Ali and Jamie have found that their shared goal of seeing their law firm succeed has helped them stay focused on one vision. shared of what they want for their family. They believe that sharing professional goals and carrying them out helps them plan, implement and achieve ideas that result in successful milestones in their personal lives. Learn more about his story and the Car Accident Lawyers Group by clicking here.